The Junior Counselor Program is a volunteer position for teens 11 – 13 years.
Junior Counselors participate in a one day staff training program. Under the guidance of the adult staff, you help lead and teach younger students in a variety of curriculum based physical fitness activities. Develop youth leadership skills, earn community service credits, and add to your resume. This is a good program to teach young students the value of service to yourself and the community. Junior Counselors learn leadership skills that last a lifetime!
The Benefits of becoming a Junior Counselor:
- Help make a difference in the lives of children
- Training program in youth leadership
- Working for and with the very best
- Fun, friends & experiences that last a lifetime
- Experience & references for your future
- Earn Community Service Hours
- Future opportunities for paid counseling positions
Junior Counselor Requirements:
- Be 11 – 13 years of age
- Have a good behavior record at Champions or other center.
- Attend Junior Counselor staff meeting with Director
- Able to commit to a complete 9 week session
- Attend Junior Counselor Meetings - Once a week during their session on Tuesdays @ 3:45 pm
- Attend the Overnight at the end of the school they commit to
- Submit completed Junior Counselor Application form and ALL camper registration forms
- Able to follow all CA Personnel and Dress code(s)
- Follow all camp rules.
The Champions Play for an “A” for Junior Counselors
Play for an “A” mission is to teach children about sports,physical fitness and living a healthy lifestyle in a fun and positive atmosphere that will allow them to build their skills and their love for sports and physical activity. Your child will experience all of this in a 10,000 square foot a/c indoor activity space.
In our “Play for an A” Program we focus on major motor skills to help with balance, and coordination, along with themed weeks to educate your child about their physical needs and living a healthy lifestyle. Read our newsletter to see an example of the themes for each of the months.
Each day your child will spend 45 minutes in their daily PA class. Each day will be focused on different actives. For example, tumbling, sports, soccer, yoga, jumping,balancing, parachute, and team work.